December 2012 OSHA required all employers to have their employees gained on the new Globally Harmonized System or GHS of labeling. Now the U.S. labeling system will be standardized in accordance with worldwide labeling.
The objectives of GHS Training are:
- Students will familiarize themselves with the labeling requirements of the GHS.
- Students will learn about the new pictograms on labels.
- Students will learn the key words required to be on labels.
- Students will learn the precautionary and hazard statements o labels.
- Students will learn the changes from MSDS to SDS labels.
- Students will learn about the changes to categories and changes in the numbering system.
Building Block approach to Hazard Classification