Medic First Aid
Emergency Care Instructor Certification
The Medic First Aid IDC (Instructor Development Course) guides you through the low stress, student centered approach to teaching CPR and First Aid. The Instructor Trainer gives you information about the program philosophies, using the DVD and practical guidelines to help you become proficient at conducting the MFA Emergency Care programs.
If you are new to teaching and Basic Life Support, but maybe your lack of knowledge keeps you from teaching CPR. Our Medic First Aid course are just what you are looking for. The MFA Instructor Development Course provides an instructors manual along with a high quality DVD. This approach allows you the freedom to train your co-workers or community by simply supporting the DVD.
The Medic First Aid IDC is perfect for safety or HR personal needing to train employees in CPR and First Aid in order to meet OSHA guidelines. If you need a course that is structured or a “plug-in-play” format, this Instructor course is perfect for you.
- You must have a current provider certification for the course you would like to teach.
- You must have a Training Center to align with, unless you are establishing a Training Center.
- You must be 17 years old.
The IDC will consist of the following topics and skills application.
- The MFA Difference
- Our Training Philosophies
- Source Authorities
- MFA integrated Learning Model
- Adult Learning Principles
- Medic Fist Aid Training Programs
- Role of the Instructor
- Instructional Design
- Introduction to the Instructor Guide
- Using Instructional Guide Pages
- Showing Program Video Segments
- Performing Real-Time Demonstrations
- Facilitating Program Segments with Real Time Demonstration
- Facilitating Small Group Practice
- Facilitating Talk through scenarios
- Facilitating Performance Evaluations
- Facilitating Written Exams
- MFA Administration
- Quality Assurance
At the end of the course all instructor candidates must complete a written exam of 25 questions with a score of 70% or better.
Upon successful completion of the Instructor Development Course. The candidate can submit their application online or through the desired Training Center for a $20.00 application fee. The Instructor will receive their card from Medic First Aid upon approval of training.