Part 48 New Miner Certification
Have a job offer at a Surface Metal or Non-Metal mine and you need certified training, you found the right place.
This course is a 24 Hour (3 day) course designed for Newly hired In-experienced employees or contractors going to work at a Surface Metal/Non-Metal mine for the first time.
These mines are under the Mine Safety & Health Adminstration (MSHA) and to work on them MSHA requires you to receive at least 24 hours of instruction followed every year by an Annual 8 hour Refresher course. You can not be on the property without this training.
The course consist of 12 topics:
- Statutory Rights of miners and their representatives.
- Self Rescue and Respiratory Devices.
- Transportation Controls and Communications systems.
- Introduction to the work Environment
- Escape and emergency evacuation plans; fire-warning & firefighting.
- Ground control; highwalls, water hazards, pits and spoil banks, illumination and night work.
- Hazard Recognition.
- Electrical Hazards.
- First Aid.
- Health and Safety aspects of the task asigned.